October 24, 2014

Posts from October 24, 2014

And my Inbox would never be the same!

October 24, 2014

Where to start? How to start? My first post, my first translation, my first encounter? So many things to tell .. So in a way this post is a recollection of events not necessarily related with one another I apologize is the [post is so disorganized and chaotic.. but then...

How I met Global Voices

October 24, 2014

I first encountered Global Voices in 2006. At the time, I was writing for a blog focusing on curious, social issues that were overlooked by mainstream medi, and Global Voices quickly became one of my preferred sources of inspiration, links, ideas. Several years later, in 2012, when I left India...

How Global Voices Changed My Life

October 24, 2014

I have been delivering this story of my encounter with Global Voices for 10 years, but I feel excited every time I talk about it. Back in 2005, I was a graduate student majoring in Journalism who found himself lost in the terrible performance of media industry in Taiwan. I...

Global Voices, um lugar que cheguei para ficar

October 24, 2014

O meu nome completo é Dércio Ernesto João Tsandzana, de nacionalidade moçambicana, resido actualmente na capital do país, Maputo. Tenho um percurso académico brilhante não tendo atrasado em nenhum nível anterior até a esta parte. Escrevo actualmente artigos de opinião para o maior jornal de circulação em Moçambique, Jornal notícias;...

GV: Sharing Home stories with the World

October 24, 2014

I am proud and honored to be a Global Voices contributor. When Ndesanjo Macha the Sub-Saharan Editor contacted me and said that I had been selected as a contributor many months after I had applied, I was extremely excited but I was not sure whether I was confident enough to...

Lingua Russian: how it started

October 24, 2014

"I fell in love with Global Voices more than 5 years ago. As everything wonderful in this life, it happened by accident." - writes Ekaterina Golubina about the start of Global Voices in Russian.

Kenya: Transforming Sports Coverage Through Blogs

October 24, 2014

On most counts though, sports blogs have helped their administrators learn better and understand their world of sport. It has also meant interaction with sports personalities, administrators and gets more first-hand accounts from those mentioned.