Happy 10th Anniversary GV!!

It was 2008 and I was kind of going through a really nice creative phase. I already had been writing on my personal literary blog for 3 years and was lately collaborating with a group of friends in an entertainment online magazine. One day, my friend Juliana Rincon told me about this citizen media website she was part of and how cool it would be if I decided to volunteer as an author for the initiative.

I have to admit that the proposal seemed interesting enough to accept inmediately, so she contacted me with my first editor ever: Eddie Avila who gently offered all the information that I needed to learn in order to publish. He even gave me post suggestions, which was very cool.

My first post was called “National Films Gain Positive Reviews” published on September 2, 2008 and I cannot describe that comforting feeling of knowing that thanks to my article many people around the world would be able to know that there were good film proposals emerging in Costa Rica.

That heart warming sensation was repeated several times later, every time I had the chance to share news about my country, and because of my participation in this community I had the opportunity to travel to Chile for the Digital Natives Workshop in February 2011, where I met wonderful individuals.

Although I have been absent from the GV world for some time now, I can assure that I will be back! because GV is a place that I never want to leave. It is an honour to be part of such a wonderful community, Happy 10th Anniversary Global Voices <3

5 comments

Cancel this reply