Something as Simple as a Dream of Our Own

I've translated many posts as part of the Spanish volunteer GV team, but there is still one that I remember because it had a huge impact on me.

Here, we can read reflections by a Kazakhstani woman who went from “wife and mother” (what her society expects her to be) to a “free woman.” She says she has dreams of her own, she wants her interests to go beyond the children's playground, illnesses, kitchen, and a wardrobe. She wants to be herself! A simple wish, a simple dream, for many of us who take that for granted. That made me think a lot about how often we get caught in our daily lives, in our obligations, and simply forget life is also about being ourselves and pursuing our dreams.

I want to take the opportunity to say GV is a great family, a place where we all feel at home, where no matter where you live, you'll be able to find someone at hand. We are global. The world is talking, and we are all talking and listening each other as well.

Here is to wonderful ten years, seven of them with me as part of GV.

I challenge Diana Lungu, Laura Schneider and Mohamed ElGohary.

4 comments