February, 2015

Posts from February, 2015

Lingua Summit Discussion notes

February 4, 2015

PR STRATEGY Need a 360 degree strategy. Must be easy to translate TRAINING Need video guides in English Quick overviews Detailed walkthroughs Translated video guides Wiki docs to be transferred to Community site, translated to Lingua sites Remember to use long wiki docs (posting guide, translation guide, style guide) as...

The painful fall back from wonderland

February 3, 2015

After Leila left us fairly early, she wrote us a good-bye e-mail where she mentioned going back to the “real world”. I didn't stop there much. After the craze of the departure day settled: waking up on time, reaching the airport on time, catching the first plane on time, catching...

Getting back home is never easy

February 3, 2015

I just wrote a post in my blog about GV summit and Marianna Breytman encourage me to post it here. But it is general information for those who does not know about GV, what we did in Philippines and who knows, may be I can help to recruit new authors. So...

Introducing Visual Storytelling

February 3, 2015

One of the sessions from the Global Voices Community meeting that I highly appreciated was the discussion on visual storytelling by GV Executive Director Ivan Sigal. The discussion looked at how new information and communication technologies and online platforms can be maximized to present narratives in new ways. The emergence...

سيبو:رحلة جد ومرح

February 3, 2015

صورة لمدينة سيبو التقطتها من نافذة غرفتي كانت الصورة المطبوعة في مخيلتي حول الفلبين تتلخص في كونها دولة اَسوية استوائية تملك شواطئ جميلة،دولة تعاني الفقر ومخلفات سنوات عديدة من الدكتاتورية والفساد،لذلك لم أفكر في أي لحظة في زيارتها، فالأماكن الجميلة في العالم كثيرة وأقرب من الفلبين،لكن،بدأت تلك النظرة تتغير وذلك...

Do We Feed the Trolls? A Fascinating Summit Discussion

February 3, 2015

At the Global Voices Summit this year, I had the pleasure of moderating a panel of experts, though expert for perhaps the wrong reasons: Each person on my panel had the unfortunate experience of being trolled online. The panel, crafted by GV editor Sahar Habib Ghazi and entitled “Do we...

An Incredible Journey

February 1, 2015

I've just spent a week in Philippines, a country at the other side of the world from my Peru, where this wonderful community known as Global Voices held its most recent summit. Travelling from Lima to Cebu, place of the event, is quite an experience. From the moment I knew...