Global Voices seeks a Project Manager to oversee a project to build a set of principles, a methodology, and draft curricula for digital advocacy training for global South advocates and leaders.
The manager will work with a team of experienced digital advocates from around the world to create principles and methodology for digital engagement and advocacy training and mentoring for global South advocates, specifically focused on women.
The project will convene key leaders in the GV extended community, facilitators skilled in training in the use of technology and advocacy, experts in metrics and analysis and relevant development experts to define the challenge, map methodologies and principles, and define measures of influence.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and organizing a group of expert digital advocates from around the world to participate in the project
- Managing a page on Global Voices to showcase stories and blog posts for the project. Work with advocates to build a stream of stories and reflections on their experience and perceived needs
- Working closely with contracted facilitators to design and manage participant engagement
- Working closely with contracted metrics experts to create useful measures for successful digital advocacy
- Overseeing the facilitators and building a workshop agenda, including organization of logistics, travel, lodging and other needs
- Coordinating project workshop in collaboration with facilitators
- Managing post-workshop follow-up, including publication of workshop documentation, follow-up with participants and facilitators
- Working with the director of Rising Voices and other core Global Voices staff to prepare follow-up proposals to develop curricula and run training workshops
We seek a candidate with the following qualities:
- Deep experience in citizen media development, training, and mentoring
- Strong familiarity with digital media technology, blogging, social media, and other tools
- Ability and experience supporting and managing distributed, virtual communities
- Ability to work independently and to produce results in a timely manner
- Ability to travel throughout the year
To work effectively with our community, we would prefer that candidates:
- Have experience living and working internationally, or have traveled extensively in the developing world
- Are active bloggers or creators of online media
- Have experience working in diverse, multicultural environments
- Are strong communicators and facilitators
- Are able to work independently, in a virtual environment
The Project Manager will report to Global Voices’ Rising Voices Director, but will also work closely with other Global Voices staff and the project leads of partner organizations.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passionate commitment to the values and goals of Global Voices. S/he will be joining a well established team who are dedicated to amplifying the voices of world. There is no geographic requirement associated with this position, as Global Voices has no office or physical headquarters. Candidates must have access to broadband internet connectivity and be comfortable working in a wholly virtual environment. We strongly welcome candidates from outside North America and Western Europe, and encourage people from the Global Voices community to apply.
The position is part-time, but should be treated as a freelance contract. The initial contract will last ten months.
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications, as well as your CV (both in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org  no later than July 15, 2015. Please specify in the subject line of your email the position for which you would like to apply.