- Global Voices Community Blog - https://community.globalvoices.org -

What GV Has Taught a Newbie (Me)

Categories: Community, experience, inspiring, Memories

20150714_011059I am writing this post now at my hometown, Bandung (Indonesia). I am here for Ramadhan, it is quite a tradition in my country for people to return to their hometown or go meet all people they hold dear in this period of time. The picture above shows my messy, yet cozy desk I use to write almost everything — my homework, bachelor thesis, blog, work materials, etc — and I love this spot as much as I love my laptop.

About half a year ago, I found this wonderful citizen-based journalism site called Global Voices Online. GV helps me find interesting, share-worthy material to read. Without a second thought I decided to join as a translator. My main motivation back then was to enhance my English ability by reading and translating other contributors’ post. But, just like many people here I soon wanted to swim deeper into this amazing community. I am therefore looking forward to write an article on my own — in English obviously, now I just have to find something good enough to write. By doing so I could enhance my English writing ability and make my contribution slightly much more.

I always admire people whose actively produce a good writing regularly. I believe they are more than capable to conduct a comprehensive research, possess discipline and quality to highlight any noteworthy materials that scattered around the world, and not to forget ability to sum them all up into a readable work.

On daily basis I work as a Research Assistant in Jakarta, I also plan to create a social project with my friends. So my work requires me to write and read, and I mean a lot. Our team expected to produce one to three research papers just from a single project. My experiences here count as an exercise, plus I get plenty of new friends.

So, thank you!