January Writing Tips: Let's Bring Our Worlds Together

Let's ring in the New Year with cross-regional posts

Let's ring in the New Year with cross-regional posts to give readers an insight about our different regions and similar people. Photo credit: The world without borders by E Pluribus Anthony at English Wikipedia

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year fellow GVers!

I will be doing the January writing tips and want to do it in a different way and look forward to your input. The focus of the January tips will be cross-regional posts. I will be suggesting themes and different formats every week and your contributions will result in posts we can then publish on GV.

Cross-regional posts are not only fun to do but are educational and give us an insight to our different regions and similar people! Week One will be about using photographs in cross-regional posts; Week Two will be about using tweets; Week Three will be about using Facebook and Week Four will be about using video!

The weekly tips will include a how to guide with a topic suggestion and include a form which you can fill out. Your participation in this exercise is important for this plan to work and for the weekly tips to be meaningful and result in posts. Hopefully, this will create a mechanism for more cross-regional posts to bridge our online conversations.

For Week One we will be doing a cross-regional post using photographs. I will send out an email reminder on December 30. The theme will be New Year’s celebrations in photographs. Keep an eye out for interesting photographs showing how people in the countries/regions you cover ring in the New Year!

If you have an ideas or suggestions for themes for Week Two, Week Three and Week Four, please fill out the form below:

Have a great one!

2 comments