- Global Voices Community Blog - https://community.globalvoices.org -

As storm breaks out, we stand still

Categories: Community, GV Summit, Summit

Sri Lankan Department of Metheorology expects very heavy falls [1] in most parts of the island.

With strong winds (60-70 kmph) and thundershowers that have lasted over 12 hours so far, it seems the world around us is tearing apart. But inside the Regrency Room at Mount Lavigna Hotel our community keeps working hard and having a lot of fun together.

Our meetings are somewhat special. There is always something exciting or challenging surrounding our activity. It is as if danger followed us everywhere we go. Yet we know challenges, we face challenges every day, and we smile at challenges. They build up our determination.

Internal meeting of GV Community taking place this week prior to the public Summit.

This is my second summit, by the way, and I am infinitely grateful of being here, despite this dreadful weather. Between the previous summit and this one I grew from being only a translator to be both a translator and an author for Latin America, and that was basically inspired by the kindness of the amazing GV family, which I feel as my own.