“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends”. Richard Bach.
As I prepare myself to fly out from Sri Lanka after the 2017 Summit , I cannot help but think the world should be more like Global Voices…
- It should be a loving compassionate place where all peaceful ideas are welcome.
- It should encourage underrepresented communities to come forward and have their say… and not just their say, but also an opportunity to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.
- It should amplify the voice of those who are under threat.
- It should be a safe place for all kinds of folks, no matter how diverse they are.
- It should definitely involve more barefeet dancing and conga lines after each important meeting.
- … And when something is not working quite properly, Jer  should be able to just fix it with his computer!
I want to thank each and everyone who made this Summit happen, and to all the GVers who were there let me just say you’re all beautiful souls. It was a privilege to be in the same room with you and exchange so many thoughts and ideas about our organisation.