Ahlan Wasahlan: The Global Voices Lingua Newsletter

Dear Lingua Community,

Ahlan Wasahlan, or Welcome (in Arabic), to the Lingua Newsletter. This is the first time that I do a newsletter of this kind, so I hope you bear with me. Let me introduce myself, in case you don’t know me yet. My name is Mohamed ElGohary, and I work for Lingua.

For several years now and I have been working out on finding the best way to communicate with our wonderful community of translators in GV. Going through different platforms, different tactics. I know I can be boring with the way I present information through text, so I thought of making a newsletter like a story this time.

A story each month that tells you what is happening with Lingua, what ideas I’m interested in sharing with you, and the most important thing of all, letting you know that you can do that too! One thing that fuels my passion for contributing to GV is you, the Lingua Community. How diverse you are, how sophisticated you are, how different you are and how the same you are.

Lingua in the GV Summit, in Colombo, Sri Lanka

I value you so much, you satisfy my need for belonging, and it is a huge deal for me! As an introvert, you are one big reason for how I slowly opened and still opening my mind to the world, and how to open up myself to people I can talk to without getting judged or ridiculed. I hope this monthly newsletter will make opening up a more fun experience, for you to know me better, and for me to know you more.

So, back to the story mode :) Back in 2014, after lots of meetings with GVers and lots of strategy discussions, we now have the Community Blog. We share stories of getting together around the world, we publish reports and updates, we express our opinions, and even celebrate! We can do a lot more! I would love to read each one of you :)

This newsletter is just the beginning of many future months. I hope I can always be my best for you, and not just good enough. That’s because you deserve everything great in life, for your care, for your commitment, your time and energy, for investing yourself. I hope I don’t let you down.

Finally, do let me know if you don’t have a community blog account. If you enjoy this newsletter, let your fellow GVers subscribe!

Power to Lingua!

Start the conversation

Authors, please log in »

Guidelines

• Please treat others with respect. Comments containing hate speech, obscenity, and personal attacks will not be approved.