- Global Voices Community Blog - https://community.globalvoices.org -

Workspaces of Global Voices

Categories: Celebration, Community, Fun, Offline living

If you've ever wondered where your fellow GVers do their work, scroll down! And keep checking periodically—we'll be adding photos as people post them online).

Natali, in Appleton, Wisconsin, USA:

Jentilisa, in Antananarivo, Madagascar:

Arzu, (normally in Istanbul) but currently in Cartagena, Colombia:

View this post on Instagram

A little late to the party but here is my #gvworkspace unfortunately this gorgeous view is only temporary until I return back to istanbul where I’m based (I promise to do another one of these once I’m back) I’m currently on a writing retreat in Colombia working on my book about Azerbaijan. for those among my followers who are not familiar with Global Voices, check out the platform. I’m a proud member of a very big, diverse, international family ??➡️globalvoices.org #GV [14]

A post shared by Arzu Geybullayeva [15] (@arzu_g) on

Mieke, in Kockengen, Netherlands:

Joining in to show where I am when I am doing stuff for Global Voices. In Summer my neigbour's cows are in the fields you can see through the window, which makes for excellent distraction. Mooh! Kockengen, the Netherlands #gvworkspace #globalvoices

Prudence, in Kampala, Uganda:

Home office. #GVworkspace [16]

A post shared by PRU NYAMISHANA [17] (@nyapru1) on

Joey, in Edinburgh, Scotland:

Here's Laura in Paris again. Like many of us, she has more than one preferred workspace!:

Speaking of #gvworkspace , this is my dearest one. I should say the background and the work make strong contrast often times, and these days specially so, as the Venezuelan political crisis grows in complexity by the day. [18]

A post shared by Global Voices [19] (@globalvoicesonline) on

Maisaa, in Sana'a, Yemen:

My wonderful world where I enjoy contributing with GV ♥♥
#GVworkspace
#GlobalVoices

Emma, in Kingston, Jamaica:

Karlo, in Manila, Philippines:

#gvworkspace for me since late last year is the (borrowed) empty table at the faculty room where I've been squatting as temp instructor at the university. I put the laptop where those papers are placed and is online using mobile data (no free wifi haha).

Ivan, in Washington D.C, USA:

#gvworkspace in 2019, saying hello to my @globalvoicesonline colleagues all over the world. We work remotely and rarely get to visit one another, so pictures of desks will have to serve! It’s usually much messier. [28]

A post shared by Ivan Sigal [29] (@ivansigal) on

Juliana, in Indonesia:

I'm been away for a moment, so I decide to posted my old photo. I have some cafe to work at, but my favorite is still my messy table in home, accompany with little friends, to deliver translations and articles for Global Voices. #gvworkspace #workfromhome #workspace #instadaily #homeoffice [30]

A post shared by Juliana [31] (@kebun_buah) on

Amanda Lichtenstein, in Skokie, Illinois, USA:

“Photo in the background by Pernille Bærendtsen and frame from Zanzibar.”

Nevin, in Victoria, Canada:

“My cluttered standing desk, where I write the best.”

Carolina, in Charleville-Mézières, France:

“On the background a personalized farewell Batik from my friends way back when and Galopette the horse will be my colleague for today.”

Dércio, in Bordeaux, France:

My #gvworkspace #office #home @globalvoicesonline | From this (well organized) place, I take 'Lusophone Africa' to the world. [32]

A post shared by Dércio Tsandzana [33] (@dtsandzana) on

Manuel, in Portugal:

Alena, in Diemen, Netherlands:

“Yes! The Christmas tree is still with us! With Russian Old New Year, we’ve missed the day arranged to throw it away. #thenetherlands#gvworkspace”

Veroniki, in Athens, Greece:

Joining our virtual global desktop… :) #gvworkspace #WaitForTheSunInTheMorning #globalvoices

Laura, in Paris, France:

“Here’s one of my many #GVworkspace spots!This is one of my favorite places in town, a warm and cute place in the Marais :-)”

Pantha, in Dhaka, Bangladesh:

Global Voices-এর বন্ধুরা কোথায় লেখালিখি করেন, সেটা শেয়ার করছেন। আমিও করলাম। তবে আমি বিপণনলিপি-ই বেশি লিখি! #gvworkspace [37]

A post shared by pantha rahman reza [38] (@panthareza) on

Rawan, in Giza, Egypt:

#gvworkspace ?

Geplaatst door Rawan Gharib [39] op Maandag 28 januari 2019 [40]

Elisa, in Aachen, Germany:

Joining the call to post a photo of where I'm usually sitting when contributing to @global_voices :) Left: Old DIY jewellery box and old painting of Fela Kuti by me, postcard of Crete, old diaries and notebooks (damn, a lot of old stuff). Centre: Broken whiteboard (not old, just cheap) with a postcard of the work of art by Lidia Lidia called Madonna and Child, kindly sent by Paula Goes, some photos from friends and a diagram of the German prepositions.
Right: I keep my coffee warm for hours with this cool widget, a dream come true my hub gifted me.

Kevin, in Melbourne, Australia:

For globalvoicesonline #gvworkspace: A tidied version of my work desk. Many memories hiding in plain view. Table cover from 2012 GV Nairobi Summit. UN Declaration of Human Rights is not staged – a compass for a world at sea NB Article 19. Mouse pad is a cartoon by delightful Australian #firstdogonthemoon. [41]

A post shared by Kevin Rennie [42] (@kevin_rennie) on

Pernille, in Copenhagen, Denmark:

When in Copenhagen, this is where I write my @globalvoicesonline pieces (and do other stuff). On a stable desk, with fast Internet, extremely rare power cuts… #gvworkspace [43]

A post shared by pernille bærendtsen [44] (@dunianiduara) on

Ian in Bordeaux, France:

- Where amazing NGOs operate – #gvworkspace @globalvoicesonline ?@surfridereurope ?@plasticodyssey ? @jgifrance ? [45]

A post shared by Goines Ian [46] (@the4thmonkey) on

Anastasia in Amsterdam, Netherlands:

Она ездила со мной на саммит GlobalVoices. Внутри. Теперь помогает работать. Снаружи.:) She was with me at the Summit GlobalVoices. Inside. And now she’s helping me with my work. Outside. #netherlands #zaandam #gvworkspace [47]

A post shared by Anastasia Pestova [48] (@bonnynord) on

Tadeo, in Mexico City:

As some of my fellow GV’ers (@globalvoicesonline) have done, I’m sharing a glimpse of the little corner I use when I work for this fabulous organisation. I would love it if I could spend more hours in there every week! #GVworkspace #DayInTheLifeOfGV #desk #workplace #GlobalVoices #Advox [49]

A post shared by Tadeo RC [50] (@tadeo__rc) on

Gabriela, in Lima, Peru:

Gohary, in Cairo, Egypt:

My #gvWorkSpace, my home office where I work for @globalvoicesonline [55]

A post shared by Mohamed ElGohary [56] (@ircpresident) on

Neunzero, in Hong Kong:

#gvworkspace [57]

A post shared by @ neunzero [58] on

Jer Clarke, in Montreal, Canada:

Marianna Breytman, in Washington Heights, New York City:

A little glimpse into my @globalvoicesonline workspace (occasionally referred to as the right corner of my comically small apartment). #gvworkspace #sundayvibes [59]

A post shared by Marianna Breytman [60] (@maribreyt) on

Filip Noubel in Prague, Czech Republic:

#gvworkspace after a major reorganization of the room, and with the full approval of the cats to make sure they have a view on the street bellow ? [61]

A post shared by Nasredin Hoja [62] (@nasredinhoja) on

Georgia Popplewell, in Trinidad and Tobago:

This was supposed to be a temporary workspace while I undertook a massive office-cleaning exercise. More than two weeks later I’m still camped out here with much less desk space, less ready access to certain books and tools, but fewer distractions. #office #homeoffice #workspace #gvworkspace [63]

A post shared by Georgia Popplewell [64] (@georgiap) on

Day and night (swipe left). #office #workspace #homeoffice #gvworkspace [65]

A post shared by Georgia Popplewell [64] (@georgiap) on