Change in Portuguese and French Linguas Leadership!

Hello everyone! Recently, Suzanne Lehn and Melina Coelho stepped down as Translation Managers for French and Portuguese Linguas respectively, to pursue more personal projects. Suzanne and Melina were amazing leaders of their communities, and I was honored to work with them. I hugely thank them for their contribution to Lingua.

French Lingua is now managed by Gwenaëlle Lefeuvre or Gwen for short. Gwen is a particle physicist, language passionate. Follow her on Twitter @DiffractedWord and @AcademieDuGallo, an organization Gwen co-founded for the revival of Gallo, the Romance language of Brittany. Gwen grew up in France, lived in NY State, and now settled on the South English coast.

Along with Esther Dodo, Portuguese Lingua is now managed by Luiza Saturnino Braga. Luiza was born in Rio de Janeiro and studied in Brazil since graduation with Bachelor Degree in Education with specialization in Technology from PUC – Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro. She lived in Denmark for a couple of years then returned to Brazil and worked in various positions till she got a translation certification from Associação Alumni in São Paulo in 2004. Since 1997, Luiza has been working as a translator, mainly doing subtitlings for major companies as well as translating and proofreading websites, documents, and general texts. Recently she has translated three books!

While I, unfortunately, didn't have the chance to meet Melina, I need to express this special tribute for Suzanne. We met for the first time about 9 years ago, in Santiago summit in Chile. It was such an amazing trip, both the summit and the journey with GV over the years. To observe the beauty of the development of the site and the community under Claire and Suzanne's leadership. Mothers of GV Français!

The Lingua team in Santiago summit, in Chile, 2010

Best of luck to you, Suzanne and Melina, in your future endeavors, and I'm glad that you will be staying as members of the community. Always looking forward to hearing from you.

Start the conversation

Authors, please log in »

Guidelines

• Please treat others with respect. Comments containing hate speech, obscenity, and personal attacks will not be approved.