- Global Voices Community Blog - https://community.globalvoices.org -

Community Feedback to the Board

Categories: Board, Board Elections 2020, Community, General

Hello, everyone! It is an honor to be again serving on the Global Voices board [1], for the next three years!

I want to thank our last board community representatives, Marianne Diaz [2] and Laura Vidal [3], for their time and energy while serving on the board, and express how honored I am to join ranks with my friends Annie Zaman [4] and Arzu Geybulla [5]! Being on the board is not an easy task, and it is not a “title” or a prize. In fact, it is something we, the board community representatives, spent time out of our lives to be able to represent the best interests of GV as a community-based organization.

The first time I served, as well at this time, my hope is to have a strong board. A strong board, in my opinion, comprises of two parts. The first one is the availability of the board members themselves to spend time and energy on important and related matters. For that availability to be of the most value possible, comes the second part, which is all of us, the community. Strong feedback means a stronger organization, where, as much as possible, all potential is considered, and all issues are dealt with.

So, I'm sharing with you the community feedback form [6], please reach out to us. Please take care of yourselves, and looking forward to what you want to say!