- Global Voices Community Blog - https://community.globalvoices.org -

Global Voices Test Post: Shortcodes

Categories: Design

See also: GV Shortcodes Guide [1]
Other test posts: Formats [2], Embeds [3]

Below are examples of GV shortcodes for testing. The text following each heading should match the shortcode embedded immediately below it.

To see this post with the “Extra-wide” layout add /?gv_extra_wide=1 to the end of the URL.

gvavatar

gvavatar name='webmaster’

webmaster [4]

gvuserlist

gvuserlist type=”names” limit=”12″

gvuserlist type=”avatars” has_avatar=yes limit=”12″

Abdoulaye Bah [5]
Abel Polese [6]
Adam Lee [7]
Afef Abrougui [9]
Ahmed Jedou [10]
Ahmed Medien [11]
Aishola Aisaeva [12]
Alex Abdelwahab [13]
Alexandra Esenler [14]
Alexis Faber [16]
Alice Scherlies [17]
Alyssa Ollivier [18]

gvuserlist type=”summary” has_avatar=yes limit=”12″

[5] Abdoulaye Bah5 posts
[6] Abel Polese1 post
[7] Adam Lee1 post
[9] Afef Abrougui3 posts
[10] Ahmed Jedou2 posts
[11] Ahmed Medien1 post
[12] Aishola Aisaeva1 post
[13] Alex Abdelwahab1 post
[16] Alexis Faber1 post
[17] Alice Scherlies1 post
[18] Alyssa Ollivier3 posts

gvuserlist type=”profile” has_avatar=yes limit=3

[5]

Abdoulaye Bah [5]

Guinean born and Italian citizen, now retired from the UN, curates an online forum for “Association des victimes du Camp Boiro” for the 50 000 innocent Guinean and foreigners, victims of dictator Sékou Touré. Also a volunteer translator for Global Voices en français. Spoken languages: French, Italian, English, Spanish, Serb/Croatian, German, Fulani (mother tongue).

[6]

Abel Polese [6]

Abel Polese is a researcher, development worker, writer, trainer and fundraiser. He has been training and designing capacity-building programmes for NGOs and higher education institutions in the Balkans, the former USSR region, Southeast Asia and Latin America. His most recent book “The SCOPUS Diaries and the (il)logics of Academic Survival: A Short Guide to Design Your Own Strategy and Survive Bibliometrics, Conferences, and Unreal Expectations in Academia” is both an attempt to guide researchers through their career choices and a critique of what the academic world has become.

[7]

Adam Lee [7]

I'm a writer and a researcher who has studied Brazilian culture for over a decade, creating several Brazil-themed blogs going back to 2008 (ie., Eyes on Brazil, Eyes on Recife, RioThen, etc). Having taught myself Portuguese, I put it to practical use by spending three years doing Brazil on a budget (and living in favelas), from Rio de Janeiro to the Amazon. I now reside in Lisbon, working for a startup and dreaming about having a beachside B&B in the Northeast of Brazil.

gvuser

gvuser name=”webmaster”

[4] webmasterNo posts

gv_map

gv_map map_content=global size=small

gvinlinerss

gvinlinerss feed_url=https://globalvoices.org count=2

Global Voices [21]

[23]

gvinlinerss feed_url=https://globalvoices.org count=2 title=”I love you” hide_title=1 banner_url=https://globalvoices.org/wp-content/gv-static/img/special/rv-black-transparent-600.png show_excerpts=1 show_featured_image=0 show_dates=0

Global Voices [21]
From discredit to censorship: When power attacks the Latin American press [22]

With their campaigns against independent media, the governments of several Latin American countries are beginning to threaten press freedom.

Ethiopian girls are changing tradition through skateboarding [23]

“… [O]ur society doesn’t support skateboarding. It is seen as a sport practiced by ill-mannered boys, and so it was hard for a young girl like me to go against them.”

gvpages

gvpages count=2

[24]

2023 Council Members [24]

Global Voices welcomes the returning and newest members of the Community Council 2023.

[25]

Write a post! [25]

To join this site and submit your first post at the same time, please use the form below to submit your first post and photos. Once it is published, you will have your own account: just like in other GV sites. What kind of posts should you submit? The community…

gvrsslist

gvrsslist taxonomy_slug=category

gvtaxonomylist

gvtaxonomylist taxonomy=category format=collapsed

Categories 

gvotherlangs

gvotherlangs

gvicon

gvicon icon=twitter size=5rem

gvpaypal

gvpaypal

gv_twitter_follow_button