Special Categories Temporary Guide – With video!

Hello everyone, Jer the GV Tech Lead here. In this post I share a pair of new guides — one 20min video and one exhaustive Google Doc – that explain the new “Special Categories” system we will be using to replace the old “Special Coverage Pages” system which is now deprecated.

These guides have two main audiences: Editors who work on “Special Coverage” (now “Special Categories”) and Translation Managers who run Lingua sites and want to translate the new Special Categories.

For a full, detailed explanation of the system, with step-by-step instructions,  please read the Google Doc guide: https://bit.ly/gv-special-categories-temp-guide

The Google Doc is a good reference you can come back to later when you need to do something using this system, since it goes through each aspect in a methodical way.

To get started though, I recommend the video instead! In it I give a whirlwind tour of the new features and how they relate to what came before, and what is hopefully to come. The video is a bit messy, but hopefully helps you get a sense of the new tools so the Google Doc isn't such a slog to work through.

Thanks for your attention, and please get in touch with me (here or on the Global Voices Slack) if you have feedback or notice problems ??

Start the conversation

Authors, please log in »

Guidelines

• Please treat others with respect. Comments containing hate speech, obscenity, and personal attacks will not be approved.