Thanks to everyone for all your excellent work for Global Voices in July 2021! Here are some of the month's highlights:
Welcome to the following new contributors who published their first GV post in July 2021!
Alessandra Mansolillo, Alianna Casas, Andrea Gudino, Annibale Marsili, Ayat Qadomee, Bolu Akindele, Carla Di Bennardo Guthrie, Carolina Reyes Sandoval, Carolyn Brueggemann, Danatiele Segato, Doralice Silva, Edgar Velozo, Federica Viello, Floriana Grande, Giulia Savarese, Greta Guiotto, Hadir Adel, Ina Melgaard, Kazuhiko Hamaguchi, Khalid Youcef, Konan N’Guessan, Lalie Knott, Lorenzo Roda, Luca Guidi, Mariana Reis, Marina Stoppelli, Matheus Alexandre de Araujo, Mousa Mohamed, Mônica Amazonas, Natalia Perez, Olusegun Akinfenwa, Pina Giordano, Roman Debotch, Roxane Ewoule, Salma Moussafir, Silvia Bianchi, Simone Nigro, Sydney Allen, Tasneem Shalabi, Timothy S. Rich, Valeria Rosa.
And welcome to our new Associate Editors, Sydney Allen and Ameya Nagarajan.
Number of stories published on GV in English : 118
Total pageviews (all sites): 426,965
Top 10 posts by pageviews (includes only recent posts):
- Religious cleric criticizes Turkey's women's volleyball team for their appearance in Tokyo Olympics  by Arzu Geybullaeva (26,180 pageviews)
- Pegasus spyware revelation indicates Indian state snooping on journalists, activists and politicians  by Subha Panigrahi (5,160 pageviews)
- How a swimming pool became Puerto Rico's symbol of climate change and corruption  by Angél Carrión (2,768 pageviews)
- Twitter Japan appears to suspend government critics  by Kazuki Ichida & Nevin Thompson (2,624 pageviews)
- North Macedonia creates a new national park occupying 2% of its territory  by Metamorphosis Foundation (1,942 pageviews)
- Foreign journalists harassed by Chinese citizens over Zhengzhou flooding coverage  by Hong Kong Free Press (1,616 pageviews)
- A professora brasileira que criou estojo de giz de cera para falar de identidade e questões raciais  by Talita Fernandes (1,594 pageviews)
- The imprisonment of the ‘Lucky Family': How Chinese authorities detained and sentenced a whole birthday party  by Guest Contributor (1,523 pageviews)
- Vicious mass rape of women has become a weapon against the Tigray in Ethiopian war  by Roman Debotch (1,302 pageviews)
- ‘Lying down flat’ as passive resistance in China  by Oiwan Lam (1,236 pageviews)
Top 10 countries from which people visited GV sites:
- United States
- United Kingdom