- Global Voices Community Blog - https://community.globalvoices.org -

Meet Emilie Frapiccini, Lingua French translator

Categories: Celebration, Community, General, Languages, Lingua, Translator Profiles

Image courtesy of Emilie Frapiccini. Used with permission.

Global Voices: Tell us about yourself—who exactly is Emilie Frapiccini [1]?

Emilie Frapiccini: I am French with Italian and Polish origins. I grew up in a big family and in a multicultural environment. I have always loved languages and travelling, this is why I chose to do an MA in Applied Foreign Languages (MA LEA in French), followed by an MA in Translation. I have lived in several countries in Europe, in Southeast Asia, and in Latin America, which changed my perception of the world: I love learning from others, we have so much to learn! :)

GV: When did you join GV and what motivated you to do so?

EF: I joined GV in September 2022 (so just over 4 months ago). I wanted to use my passion for languages to make more international news published by GV available to French speakers. Why GV? Because you can find:

GV: Tell us more about your experience as a translator for GV. What aspects of the role have made the strongest impression on you?

EF: With GV, I met really nice and open collaborators (like Juliette :) ), and the platforms that translators use are pretty simple to use. I am over the moon with my collaboration with GV, et I hope it will last.

GV: As our translator of the month, any words of encouragement to offer our contributors?

EF: Keep translating things in what you believe and talk about GV with your friends and relatives to share this source information with as many people as possible… GV gives us a great opportunity.