· March, 2017

Posts about Elections from March, 2017

GV Board Elections 2017: Rawan Gharib

March 5, 2017

My name is Rawan Gharib; I am one of the Arabic Translation Managers, based in Cairo. I am running for the GV Board Elections as a volunteers’ representative. Let’s keep shaking walls and building bridges!

GV Board Elections 2017: Zara Rahman

March 5, 2017

About me I am a writer, researcher and feminist with roots in the UK, Bangladesh and Germany. I have travelled and worked in over 30 countries, and I speak 4 languages fluently (and another two a little less fluently!). The piece I’m most proud of writing recently is this, on...

GV Board Elections 2017: Gabriela Garcia Calderon

March 4, 2017

As you've already read on the title of this post, my name is Gabriela Garcia Calderon. I've been nominated as Staff Representative for the Global Voices board elections. I'm a Peruvian lawyer who one day discovered the unpleasantness of having to fight judicial clerks just to take a look at...

GV Board Elections 2017: Kevin Rennie

March 4, 2017

Volunteer Representative election My background My paid working life was as a secondary teacher for 33 years in Australia, concluding with 4 years at an indigenous school in Arnhem Land. I was an active trade unionist throughout. The environment, human rights and refugee issues are among my personal passions. I...

GV Board Elections 2017: Nwachukwu Egbunike

March 4, 2017

I am Nwachukwu Egbunike, a poet, publisher and social media researcher. I live and work in Ibadan, Nigeria. I was nominated for the Global Voices board elections. I wish to serve as your Volunteers’ Representative in the GV Board. I joined Global Voices in 2011 and I have written posts for GV, Advox...

About our Elections coverage

Series of posts related to Global Voices Board Elections