Filip Noubel shares his love of languages with Czech National Radio

Screenshot of the article about the interview on the Radio Prague International's website. Source: Radio Prague International

In an impromptu interview, the Hispanophone section of the Czech national radio (Radio Prague International) spoke to Filip Noubel, Global Voices’ Managing Editor, about his passion for languages.

In the interview, Noubel speaks about how he learned languages and goes on to say:

A mí no me gusta estudiar en sí los idiomas porque para mí la lengua es una cosa muy natural que no necesita trabajo porque te la encuentras en la calle, en la televisión y al jugar con otros niños. Yo cuando tenía entre diez y once años hablaba ya cinco o seis lenguas pero no las estudiaba en clase con los libros.

I don't like studying languages ​​per se because for me, language is a very natural thing that doesn't need work because you find it on the street, on television and when playing with other kids. When I was between ten and eleven years old, I already spoke five or six languages ​​but I didn't study them in class with books.

He also explains that for him, communication is the goal rather than perfection and thus, it is okay to speak and make mistakes, as he does in Spanish.

You can find the interview and the radios’ complementary article here.

Start the conversation

Authors, please log in »

Guidelines

• Please treat others with respect. Comments containing hate speech, obscenity, and personal attacks will not be approved.