An opportunity for others and myself

I wanted to write and express myself through others. I found GV searching in google. I knew I lacked journalism knowledge and I need it and still need a lot to learn. So I decided to contact Global Voices and see If I had any chance.

I was surprise when I got a fast answer. So Carnival was my first post.

I was lucky that I had a very good Editor,Silvia Viñas, very patient with corrections and feedback and learning how to estructure a post using other voices. But also it helped me a lot to became acquainted with what was happening in the world and in the country I live in. How to see through other´s eyes.
To me it was like yesterday, but it has been three years and a half that I joined Global Voices. I wouldn´t change it for anything in the world.

Now I will be attending my second Summit, since the first time I attented it was in Kenya and I was able to be part of the photographers group for the summit.

I don´t know if I learned anything about journalism, but I did learned that there are many GVers like me, all around the world, helping, learning, giving the best of them to make GV a global community, which for me is the best in the world.

These are some photos taken at GV Summit 2012

You can see more photos taken at my FLICKR account

Exit mobile version