Coming Back!

I have not been writing for GV since August 2012. I have been in school pursuing my writing interest and I just graduated. I am proceeding to graduate school but I would like to continue contributing to GV especially with the passing of Gershom Ndhlovu who I looked up to in terms of writing about the Zambian community.

While I am from Zambia, I would be more comfortable writing about my community here in South West Florida where I have lived for the past ten years. However, I am also very interested in sharing what happens in Zambia even if it was challenging and time consuming the first time around.

Our connectivity to the country, the happenstances there and generally what is going on is more accessible now with the increased activities of the Zambian community on all social media fronts.

The introduction of the FAST Africa program is one that interests me very much because while I was in Zambia, I was involved with the Zambia Association of Development as its Chairperson and we were spearheading research, information dissemination and the use of ICTs. This is such a perfect program for this organization and I hope that with all the experience they have had and the activities and programs they have written and unrolled over the years, they will have an opportunity to not only participate but be part of the implementation of whatever programs will be on the ground.

I am glad to be coming back to GV and I hope that my presence will make a difference in GV, but especially in the Zambian community.

3 comments