Workspaces of Global Voices

If you've ever wondered where your fellow GVers do their work, scroll down! And keep checking periodically—we'll be adding photos as people post them online).

Natali, in Appleton, Wisconsin, USA:

Jentilisa, in Antananarivo, Madagascar:

Arzu, (normally in Istanbul) but currently in Cartagena, Colombia:

Mieke, in Kockengen, Netherlands:

Joining in to show where I am when I am doing stuff for Global Voices. In Summer my neigbour's cows are in the fields you can see through the window, which makes for excellent distraction. Mooh! Kockengen, the Netherlands #gvworkspace #globalvoices

Prudence, in Kampala, Uganda:

View this post on Instagram

Home office. #GVworkspace

A post shared by PRU NYAMISHANA (@nyapru1) on

Joey, in Edinburgh, Scotland:

Here's Laura in Paris again. Like many of us, she has more than one preferred workspace!:

Maisaa, in Sana'a, Yemen:

My wonderful world where I enjoy contributing with GV ♥♥
#GVworkspace
#GlobalVoices

Emma, in Kingston, Jamaica:

Karlo, in Manila, Philippines:

#gvworkspace for me since late last year is the (borrowed) empty table at the faculty room where I've been squatting as temp instructor at the university. I put the laptop where those papers are placed and is online using mobile data (no free wifi haha).

Ivan, in Washington D.C, USA:

Juliana, in Indonesia:

Amanda Lichtenstein, in Skokie, Illinois, USA:

“Photo in the background by Pernille Bærendtsen and frame from Zanzibar.”

Nevin, in Victoria, Canada:

“My cluttered standing desk, where I write the best.”

Carolina, in Charleville-Mézières, France:

“On the background a personalized farewell Batik from my friends way back when and Galopette the horse will be my colleague for today.”

Dércio, in Bordeaux, France:

Manuel, in Portugal:

Alena, in Diemen, Netherlands:

“Yes! The Christmas tree is still with us! With Russian Old New Year, we’ve missed the day arranged to throw it away. #thenetherlands#gvworkspace”

Veroniki, in Athens, Greece:

Joining our virtual global desktop… :) #gvworkspace #WaitForTheSunInTheMorning #globalvoices

Laura, in Paris, France:

“Here’s one of my many #GVworkspace spots!This is one of my favorite places in town, a warm and cute place in the Marais :-)”

Pantha, in Dhaka, Bangladesh:

Rawan, in Giza, Egypt:

#gvworkspace ?

Geplaatst door Rawan Gharib op Maandag 28 januari 2019

Elisa, in Aachen, Germany:

Joining the call to post a photo of where I'm usually sitting when contributing to @global_voices :) Left: Old DIY jewellery box and old painting of Fela Kuti by me, postcard of Crete, old diaries and notebooks (damn, a lot of old stuff). Centre: Broken whiteboard (not old, just cheap) with a postcard of the work of art by Lidia Lidia called Madonna and Child, kindly sent by Paula Goes, some photos from friends and a diagram of the German prepositions.
Right: I keep my coffee warm for hours with this cool widget, a dream come true my hub gifted me.

Kevin, in Melbourne, Australia:

Pernille, in Copenhagen, Denmark:

Ian in Bordeaux, France:

Anastasia in Amsterdam, Netherlands:

Tadeo, in Mexico City:

Gabriela, in Lima, Peru:

Gohary, in Cairo, Egypt:

Neunzero, in Hong Kong:

View this post on Instagram

#gvworkspace

A post shared by @ neunzero on

Jer Clarke, in Montreal, Canada: