October, 2014

Posts from October, 2014

Global Voices: a ponte de múltiplos olhares

October 30, 2014

Sempre fui um menino de coração inquieto, o silêncio de pequenas grandes histórias que observava no meu quotidiano, morriam e infelizmente se limitavam a memória dos que o viveram ou pelo espírito de partilha “boca a boca” dos sortudos que tiveram acesso a dita informação, um fenómeno recorrente em África....

I love Global Voices

October 28, 2014

I started in GV for the invitation of David Sasaki since February 2010. I have been an author and translator. Many satisfactions I had, including, I was part of the rejection of the Lleras Law that was intended to impose in Colombia the law about copyright. Also it helped to...

2014 and GV

October 27, 2014

I am a simple human being living in the Yucatan Peninsula, specifically in a popular area of ​​Merida. Global Voices I met in 2014 through a community activist living in Yucatan. It was they who shared my page, the call and who led us to postulate a proposal. What has...

My greater motivation to translate for GV

October 27, 2014

I was introduced to GV in May 2009 by the founding editor of GV Swahili, Joe Tungaraza. I used to know him as one of the pioneers of Swahili blogosphere in the year 2004/05. He was among the few Tanzanians in the Diaspora who worked hard to encourage local netizens...

Global Voices connects people!

October 27, 2014

Back in 2008, I was approached by Siniša Boljanović, the man who later started Global Voices Serbian, with the request to assist him in improving his English. Of course, I accepted that because I had some experience in that work and this one was even more challenging because, as you...

A Year at Global Voices: A Hyperlinked Thank You

October 26, 2014

In lieu of a “first post” reminiscence, I've decided to republish an October 2006 post from my now-defunct blog, Caribbean Free Radio, marking my first year at GV. It mentions several people who are no longer active members of the community, and reading it will probably give you a sense of how...

My 2 Years with GV

October 26, 2014

I got to know GV just over two years ago, in the spring of 2012. I first came across the German version of GV while looking for volunteer translation opportunities with German. I filled in the form on the GV German site, and I still remember how excited I was...

An opportunity for others and myself

October 26, 2014

I wanted to write and express myself through others. I found GV searching in google. I knew I lacked journalism knowledge and I need it and still need a lot to learn. So I decided to contact Global Voices and see If I had any chance. I was surprise when...