March, 2016

Posts from March, 2016

Coming Back!

March 28, 2016

I have not been writing for GV since August 2012. I have been in school pursuing my writing interest and I just graduated. I am proceeding to graduate school but I would like to continue contributing to GV especially with the passing of Gershom Ndhlovu who I looked up to...

Meedan and Lingua Partnering to Translate RightsCon to Spanish and Arabic

March 25, 2016

Lingua has partnered with Meedan to translate RightsCon tweets to Spanish and Arabic, from Wednesday, March 30 to Friday, April 1, 2016. RightsCon is the world’s leading conference convened on the future of the internet. This year will see a bigger, brighter, and better RightsCon, more dynamic and outcome-oriented than ever before....

Writing Tips: How to Become a Regular Global Voices Author

March 24, 2016

The Weekly Writing Tips are a collection of best practices for writing and reporting at Global Voices. February and March's tips are brought to you by Ndesanjo, regional editor for Sub-Saharan Africa. How does an author become a regular Global Voices contributor? How does one overcome the challenge of having nothing to...

Buscamos escritores! / Spanish-Language Writers Needed!

March 13, 2016

Global Voices busca voluntarios para cubrir noticias en España, el caribe hispanohablante, e inmigración latina en los EE.UU. / Global Voices is looking for volunteers to cover news in Spain, Spanish-speaking countries in the Caribbean, and Latino immigration in the U.S.

Writing Tips: 11 Mistakes to Avoid to Speed Up Editing

March 10, 2016

The Weekly Writing Tips are a collection of best practices for writing and reporting at Global Voices. February and March's tips are brought to you by Ndesanjo, regional editor for Sub-Saharan Africa. Hi dear authors, For my second Writing Tips, I decided to collaborate with fellow editors to come up with common...

Translator Newsletter: Small Languages, Memes, and More!

March 8, 2016

Hello, GV'ers! Welcome to this week's edition of the Translator Newsletter! Today we're talking about… The Ups & Downs of Freelancing Since many of us are freelancers, we know that a lot of the times it can feel like all or nothing. The Delaware Valley Translators Association wrote up this...