December, 2015

Posts from December, 2015

Translator Newsletter: Native Speakers, Interpreters, & More!

December 28, 2015

Happy Monday, GV'ers!  Hello and welcome to the last translator newsletter… of 2015! Had you there for a second, didn't I. I hope you've all been enjoying your wonderful holidays and are ready to sit back and learn about… Native Speakers As native speakers of languages, have you ever had...

ألمينيوم

December 24, 2015

ألمينيوم.. يقولها بكلّ سلاسةٍ ونعومة، سائق الكميون، اليوم مرّ من شارعنا ،شارعنا الكائن في مدينةٍ على كتف الكاريبي، في الشمال الشرقي من أحد البلاد اللاتينية البعيدة جداً عن ضيعتنا، ضيعتنا التي تقع في أحد البلاد البعيدة أيضا والحزينة جداً.كذلك. بينما كنت مستلقيةً أنتظر أن تغفو طفلتي سمعته، ابتسمت ، ابتسمتُ...

Love and beers.

December 20, 2015

I grew up in a safe place. A quiet town 15km away from Paris, I had Electricity and drinkable water 24/7, Food in the fridge, Heat in winter and barbecues in the garden during summer. I've always taken that for granted. In 1995, aged 12, there was an attack in...

Translator Newsletter: New Languages, Networking, & More!

December 15, 2015

Hello, GV'ers! Apologies for the delay in this week's newsletter. I've been battling a silly cold and spending the past few days looking a lot like this: Now that I'm slowly getting my energy levels back up, let's talk about… Teaching Yourself A Language Jhumpa Lahiri is one of my...