· February, 2015

Stories about Community from February, 2015

February 6, 2015

Cross-border collaboration in the East Asia group

It is usually difficult to continue the discussions and to build up a strong tie for cross-border collaboration after we all came back home after the GV summits. In the...

February 4, 2015

Our Voices: Juan Tadeo in Mexico

Nacido en Ciudad de México en los años ochenta, Juan Tadeo se graduó de derecho de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) en 2009 y desde su blog ejerce su derecho a...

February 3, 2015

The painful fall back from wonderland

After Leila left us fairly early, she wrote us a good-bye e-mail where she mentioned going back to the “real world”. I didn't stop there much. After the craze of...

Do We Feed the Trolls? A Fascinating Summit Discussion

At the Global Voices Summit this year, I had the pleasure of moderating a panel of experts, though expert for perhaps the wrong reasons: Each person on my panel had...

February 2, 2015

Joey Ayoub: ‘Providing the Context Is Key in Trying to Convey Empathy’ With Gaza

Global Voices contributor Joey Ayoub is sitting at a Cebu café, browsing wantonly through the morning news on his smartphone. I ask him if it would be a good time to...

Salamat, Cebú: Apuntes sueltos sobre la Cumbre de Medios Ciudadanos de Global Voices

Hace una semana desde que terminó la Cumbre de Medios Ciudadanos de Global Voices en Cebú, Filipinas, a la cual tuve la suerte de asistir. Cuarenta horas de vuelo después,...

February 1, 2015

An Incredible Journey

I've just spent a week in Philippines, a country at the other side of the world from my Peru, where this wonderful community known as Global Voices held its most...