· February, 2015

Posts about Community from February, 2015

Cross-border collaboration in the East Asia group

February 6, 2015

It is usually difficult to continue the discussions and to build up a strong tie for cross-border collaboration after we all came back home after the GV summits. In the GV summit in Cebu, the East Asia group had discussed offline about how to collaborate. Most importantly, we finally had our first group dinner!

Our Voices: Juan Tadeo in Mexico

February 4, 2015

Nacido en Ciudad de México en los años ochenta, Juan Tadeo se graduó de derecho de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) en 2009 y desde su blog ejerce su derecho a la libertad de expresión y escribe de variados temas, de justicia, política, transparencia… y a veces música y fútbol para hacerlo...

The painful fall back from wonderland

February 3, 2015

After Leila left us fairly early, she wrote us a good-bye e-mail where she mentioned going back to the “real world”. I didn't stop there much. After the craze of the departure day settled: waking up on time, reaching the airport on time, catching the first plane on time, catching...

Do We Feed the Trolls? A Fascinating Summit Discussion

February 3, 2015

At the Global Voices Summit this year, I had the pleasure of moderating a panel of experts, though expert for perhaps the wrong reasons: Each person on my panel had the unfortunate experience of being trolled online. The panel, crafted by GV editor Sahar Habib Ghazi and entitled “Do we...

An Incredible Journey

February 1, 2015

I've just spent a week in Philippines, a country at the other side of the world from my Peru, where this wonderful community known as Global Voices held its most recent summit. Travelling from Lima to Cebu, place of the event, is quite an experience. From the moment I knew...