· November, 2015

Posts about Community from November, 2015

Translator Newsletter: Protest Movements, Free Webinars, & More!

November 30, 2015

Happy Monday, GV'ers! For those of us who celebrated Thanksgiving, we're coming back from a long weekend of staying home & eating 'til we can't breathe. So what better way to ease ourselves into our Mondays at work than to talk about… Translation & Protest Movements Mona Baker, Professor of...

Lingua Tech: All your posts on all your sites!

November 20, 2015

Hi GV! I'm Jeremy the Tech Director of Global Voices. Along with our coding contractor Carl, I've been working on a really big update to the plugins that control the Lingua translation system. Today we're launching the first piece, so I wanted to share it with you to avoid surprises...

Translator Newsletter: Roots of Language, Translating Europe, & More!

November 17, 2015

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in this week's newsletter. We're here now on this fine Tuesday to talk to you about… The Roots of Language Ever wonder what makes humans different from other animals? Paul Ibbotson and Michael Tomasello dive into this topic over on The Guardian and cover...

Translator Newsletter: CAT tools, Skype Instant Translation, & more!

November 2, 2015

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you're all having a great start to your week! Today in the fabulous world of translation, we are talking about… What Translators Do! Dr. James Hadley, a researcher in translation & translingual studies, recently wrote up a post on Talking Humanities about “how translation underpins...