In this page we list free tools and resources that the Global Voices Lingua community can use for both, work for GV and self empowerment.
SEO & Social Media tools
Attracta: boosts site ranks in search engines, recommended for new Lingua sites.
Medium is a curation tool
With DotSub you can watch videos with subtitles in your language, upload your videos, create your own subtitles.
- Transifex: Starting as a translation platform for the open source world, Transifex grew to be a leading worldwide localization platform for software products.
- Wordfast anywhere
Glossaries and dictionaries
- Linguee Dictionary and Translation Search Engine [de] [es] [en] [fr] [pt]
- Glosbe the multilingual online dictionary
- Google Translate
- Grammarly: for alerting you to grammatical errors.
Other translation tools
- CrossCheck is a free cloud-based application to quickly check the quality in bilingual text files.
- Lexilogos is a comprehensive set of resources for the study of the languages of the world
- LabSpace free online courses under the umbrella of the Open University in the UK.
- The OpenLearn website gives free access to Open University course materials.
- EmailCollege mini-courses provide a thorough introduction to topics of interest, giving the latest practical advice, and providing the tools you need to thrive and prosper.
- ALISON offers free independent interactive multimedia training courses.
- WeSpeke | Learn and practice languages for free.